What's in this session?
- Working for a company acquired by Ministry Brands (4:24)
- 3 emerging tech trends affecting churches (14:05)
- Trend #1: Machine learning (18:53)
- Trend #2: Open architecture (APIs) (27:54)
- Trend #3: Big data (35:21)
Show notes and resources
3 Instant Takeaways
- Excellence is the currency that the rest of the world trades in. The quality of your work speaks for you before you do. With this being the case, it is important for churches and Christian companies to strive for their work to be comparable to the best work, and not just Christian work.
- Work toward creating personal, specific and relevant communication with your congregation. When emails and notifications are irrelevant to the people receiving them, people will begin to either tune it out or ignore your communications going forward.
- Big Data is about observing and connecting the dots. As technology develops it allows corporations to target specific content to audiences who have certain preferences or needs. Over time this could translate into churches being able to target specific events and communications to groups of people based on whether they attended an event or are within a location during a designated time.
Free Bonus: Click here to download The iPhone Church Photography Case Study – learn to shoot stunning photos for your church with only your phone