What's in this session?
- Why busy pastors should consider building a personal platform (13:30)
- The amount of time it takes to work on a personal platform on the side (17:05)
- The reason why every pastor should have a blog and publish once a week (20:04)
- The most important tools for running an online platform (22:30)
- Jeremy’s biggest win since launching his online platform (30:27)
- Jeremy’s biggest flop since launching his online platform (35:15)
- Pro tips for the first 1-3 months of starting your platform (41:35)
Show notes and resources
- Jeremy Roberts on Facebook
- Follow Jeremy on Twitter
- Find Jeremy on YouTube
- The Jeremy Roberts Leadership Podcast
- Church Of The Highlands
- 8 Proven Steps
to Creating, Promoting & Profiting from Sermon Series You Develop into Books
3 Instant Takeaways
- Use your personal platform to get ideas out of your head and into the world. Pastors have a lot of ideas, and there isn’t necessarily time in one service a week to give them all a test drive. Your own blog lets you work out your thoughts and get some reaction.
- Jeremy’s biggest win on his personal platform? The amount of books he’s been able to sell. He wasn’t able to sell many books before he had the reach and profile of his own platform.
- Jeremy’s biggest flop since beginning his own platform? He attempted some projects that seemed like good ideas at the time, but had no traction at all. He says when growth is slow and steady, he’s learned that he has to wait.
Free Bonus: Click here to download The Church Growth Calculator Spreadsheet – a ready-to-go spreadsheet calculator for accurately tracking & measuring church growth