Tyler Rominger, founder of MinistryWebsiteDesigns.com, helps thousands of churches design stunning and functional websites. He drops by with SEO info you’ve likely never heard for how to get your church noticed and win on Google.
What’s In This Session?
- 3 ways to win on Google (9:50)
- Making peace with Google’s disclaimer (12:41)
- How to get nearly $480,000 of free ad money from Google every year (15:15)
- 5 ways to optimize your localized maps results on Google (24:04)
- Making gains in organic search (34:40)
- Keeping up with the ever-changing world of SEO (39:14)
Show Notes & Resources Mentioned
- Ministry Designs
- Learn SEO with Tyler Rominger
- Google Ad Grants
- Moz SEO Software
- 77 Of The Best Church Websites Of 2016
3 Instant Takeaways
- Churches should leverage the Google ad-grant program for non profits. Google gives out a hefty amount of money for ad space to non-profits, which include churches. Take advantage of this and advertise your church. (If your church is worried about Google’s hiring equity disclaimer per se, keep in mind that hiring discrimination is already a civil liability in many places.)
- Link your local church to your governing denomination. If you list and link your church’s name, address and phone number on your denomination’s site, Google will respect your connection with what is likely a large, respected website — helping your SEO.
- Creating new content every week builds your site, which gives you domain authority. Domain authority is the number one organic way to win on Google. Google checks your site to see if it is stable, well organized, updated regularly, and populated with a ton of good content. If it is, your rank will improve.