Chris Denning is the Creative Arts Pastor at Journey Church, and also the resident guru at PCOGuru.com. He has 9 years experience with Planning Centre products and he sits down with us again to share insider info about the student ministry features of Planning Center.
What’s In This Session?
- Tip #1: Register students for camps and events with PCO Registrations (13:20)
- Tip #2: Schedule & automatically remind your volunteers with PCO Services (19:03)
- Tip #3: Keep great attendance records with little effort with PCO Check-Ins (21:58)
- Tip #4: Use PCO People for one-click grade promotion (27:26)
- Tip #5: Easily manage all student small groups (including attendance) with PCO Groups (29:54)
- Tip #6: Create simple mission trip donation collection with PCO Giving (34:05)
Show Notes & Resources Mentioned
- PCOGuru.com (Planning Center Consulting & Training Services)
- The Complete Planning Center Online Charting Guide by Chris Denning
- Planning Center For Youth
3 Instant Takeaways
- Streamline the inevitably disorganized process of student camp and event registration. Your church likely has lots of youth events, and PCO Registrations centralizes the many moving parts – payment, student’s name and info, leaders, t-shirt size lists, equipment fees, and add-on fees. Students don’t always pay all at once, or on time, and PCO Registrations helps manage payment reminders, and even has options for paying by installments.
- Keep all-important track of students with PCO Check-Ins. You can create a list of all the kids who attend a service and have photos connected with them for accurate checkin. You can even keep track of students’ friends.
- Manage the details of mission trips. Keep mission donations separate from the general church fund. PCO Giving uses Stripe for handling donations. PCO Giving allows for instant online giving with a link embedded in any post or email. Seamlessly combine fund appeals with access to a page where people can give immediately.