What's in this session?
- The beautiful beginnings of a church plant (18:50)
- Moving into a building that’s too big (22:26)
- #1: Take steps not leaps (23:45)
- The difference between making a wise choice and taking a leap of faith (31:13)
- #2: Focus first on your team (34:12)
- #3: Embrace structure (38:41)
- The first creative structure you can set up at your church (40:03)
- How structures make corrections & confrontation easier (41:11)
Show notes and resources
- The CRTVCHURCH Community on Facebook
- Panasonic GH5
- GoPro HERO5
- GoPro KARMA
3 Instant Takeaways
- Sometimes we have to get over ourselves. Nik understands creatives and visionaries. He knows we want to do something big for the kingdom. But he reminds us that steps come before leaps. Churches that only want to move forward in big leaps might just be leaping to their own conclusion.
- Embrace good structure. Structure works in families, in schools, and in churches. Creating a structure can feel restricting — but it’s there to keep us out of harm’s way.
- Find the level of structure that works at your level. Mega-church structure might not work for your church. What elements of structure do you need? Just for starters: A vision statement. A brand. A style guide. A code of conduct.
Free Bonus: Click here to download The Perfect Church Homepage Infographic – a complete visual breakdown of the essential elements that every church website homepage needs