What's in this session?
- The core differences between branding, marketing & advertising (09:15)
- The 7-Minute Rule (12:26)
- Better First Impressions #1: Signage (17:59)
- Better First Impressions #2: Parking Lot (21:00)
- Better First Impressions #3: Bulletin/Print Material (24:38)
- Better First Impressions #4: Lighting (28:27)
- Better First Impressions #5: Entrance Music (29:31)
- Better First Impressions #6: Decor (31:48)
- Better First Impressions #7: Information Centre/Kiosk/Guest Services (33:51)
- Better First Impressions #8: Refreshments (35:22)
- Better First Impressions #9: Restrooms (36:34)
- Better First Impressions #10: Website (38:58)
- Better First Impressions #11: Social Media (40:38)
Show notes and resources
3 Instant Takeaways
- You have less time than you think to influence people. Adam says first impressions in social situations can be made in four seconds. First impressions of your church can be formed in 7 minutes. As early as the parking process, people are deciding whether or not they will return to your church.
- Are lighting and music things you’ve intentionally tied to your brand? Adam says your choice of lighting, whether colored or bright or dim, should reflect your overall brand. The music you’re playing in your entranceway — or piping into your parking lot — should also line up with your core values.
- Don’t let your website be your church’s worst offender. Adam says the photos you put on your website need to be a reflection of your actual church. You destroy trust if you put stock photos of young families on your website but your demographic is completely different.
Free Bonus: Click here to download The Super Church Lobby Kiosk Setup Guide – you’ll learn how to configure a lobby kiosk that can facilitate every next step in your church