What's in this session?
- How to be the architect of a weekend church experience (08:06)
- Figuring out the one big takeaway from each service (15:40)
- Determining the goals of your weekend experiences (17:22)
- Being guest-aware every weekend (22:30)
- Balancing the tension of focusing on new people and your existing church (26:39)
- Sweating the small stuff (32:13)
- Mistakes Adam & Central have made in the past (38:33)
- Focusing on story more than anything else (43:08)
Show notes and resources
- Adam’s Website
- Follow Adam on Twitter
- Join Adam on Instagram
- Central’s Website
- Create Conference
3 Instant Takeaways
- Creating unforgettable experiences. The team at Central makes it a goal to help people experience God. Rather than see church as a place to provide articulate information and a high quality show, Adam says to use art to provide an engaging encounter for people. Challenge people’s assumptions, cause them to see God differently, and back the essential message of the service.
- Trust that the wow moments are backed with authenticity. The purpose of unforgettable weekend experiences is to open the door to people’s hearts and minds. No architected experience substitutes for the community of the Holy Spirit that your church provides. It’s a bit of a teeter-totter to balance medium and message, but Adam never wants people walking away simply impressed by the art. Coolness doesn’t trump content.
- Sweat the small stuff. At Central they have developed a culture of focusing on the details. Everything communicates, not just communication itself. How clean is your stage? How easy is it for people to find the washrooms in your church? What’s their parking experience? These are all details that speak to them.
Free Bonus: Click here to download The Church Announcements Script Bundle – this free download includes 8 pre-written announcement scripts that you can swipe and start using in your church