Brad Miller of Liftux.com and Faithmade.com and UpThemes goes one up on having a great-looking website to having a great UX on that website, in this session of the Pro Church Podcast.
What’s In This Session?
- How Brad found his passion for web design & user experiences (09:49)
- Why design and user experience with digital media is so important (15:21)
- How to replicate the feeling of FREE cookies online (18:31)
- Improve what your church is already doing right now (19:49)
- Using metrics to make important decisions (24:38)
- Tools you can use to improve your user’s experience (27:08)
- Developing a website building platform for churches (33:30)
- Why choose FaithMade instead of Squarespace? (37:16)
- One way to improve your church’s website today (39:14)
Show Notes & Resources Mentioned
3 Instant Takeaways
- Would you go somewhere great if it didn’t make you feel great? A lot of churches think that as long as their website works and looks decent, that’s enough. Brad says there are lots of things in life that work and look decent, but what’s your experience with them? A great user experience (UX) and a great user interface (UI) go one better by focusing not just on looks and efficiency, but on people’s feelings and reactions. Do your users feel good after interacting with you?
- How do you know if you’re making people feel great? Brad says that Google Analytics is a great tool for objectively giving you feedback about what people are clicking on your website. When you have hard data about your traffic, it’s so much easier to create design strategies to expedite movement through your site.
- Want to start being great in five minutes? Brad invites churches to check out Faithmade.com and get a drag-and-drop free website with an infrastructure targeted to ministries. Faithmade knows what Christian organizations need and created the architecture of Faithmade sites with that in mind.