What's in this session?
- How Central is creating weekly life stories & sermon roll-ins (16:08)
- Using a small budget to communicate in a big way (19:57)
- The right steps to acquiring great interns (23:43)
- Managing the responsibilities you give to interns (26:12)
- Using sidewalk chalk for church announcements (34:34)
- How to make people feel comfortable for speaking on camera (38:47)
Show notes and resources
3 Instant Takeaways
- Be extremely strategic. Central church has several campuses and puts out a lot of media with a small team. They achieve this by relying more on their creativity than their budget; by working extremely hard during office hours; by collaborating and creating synergy; and by planning ahead to save work time.
- Use interns before hires. Central offers internships to media people, videographers, etc., which is a way to start people contributing to the team before they are paid. This way everyone gets to know each other and see if they are a good fit, rather than hiring cold.
- Move print media to digital media. Wherever possible, Central is moving information to digital to save print dollars — such as using seatback bulletins and projected slides rather than handing out a printed bulletin to every entrant, and switching from paper to online signup forms.
Free Bonus: Click here to download The iPhone Church Photography Case Study – learn to shoot stunning photos for your church with only your phone