Scott Trapasso, director and founder of Media That Matters, a video production company that brings incredible media and worthy causes together, and video storyteller at The Meeting House joins us to talk advanced video techniques on this session of the Pro Church Podcast.
What’s In This Session?
- New video trends you can expect to see in the next couple of years
- How to get the very best responses when interviewing people – even if they’re uncomfortable or newbies
- How to orchestrate a shoot with multiple cameras and multiple people
- Next-level video editing techniques
Show Notes & Resources Mentioned
3 Instant Takeaways
- Scott uses Red EPIC cameras. He used more than one EPIC for the shoot and also used other cameras — which became a challenge in post-production. He recommends keeping your cameras the same for color grading purposes.
- Even talking heads can be engaging. Not even the video producers could have believed that just telling this story would be so interesting. But that’s the power of a great story: it tells itself.
- Try having your interview subject look directly into the camera. Around 90% of video that Scott shoots uses a ‘fly-on-the-wall’ technique where the viewer is looking in on the interview. But the ‘into-the-camera’ technique used here created a result where the viewer really engages with the subject.