What's in this session?
- 6 steps to plan your church's next sermon series.
- What type of media does your church create for each series?
- How can we make planning our sermon series easier?
Show notes and resources
- Follow Justin on Twitter
- Ministry Pass
- Click here to download the sermon series planning worksheet
- Click here to download the free sermon calendar
3 Instant Takeaways
- Try team brainstorming for sermon series. At Justin’s church, the pastoral staff meets and pools five sermon series ideas each to be sure that they have an abundance to choose from. It’s not uncommon for them to mix and match ideas and titles to get the best results.
- What is your series bottom line? It’s easy for a sermon series to become four different books when it should feel more like four chapters from the same book. Aim for always repeating and being faithful to your bottom line so that it provides cohesion and ensures remembrance for your listeners.
- Sermon series should last, on average, four to six weeks. Unless they deal with a heavy topic; then they should be shorter. Controversial or deep topics can wear people out week after week. Upbeat subject matter can be stretched out longer.
Free Bonus: Click here to download The Church Growth Calculator Spreadsheet – a ready-to-go spreadsheet calculator for accurately tracking & measuring church growth