Show notes and resources
- YouTube for Churches by Sean Cannell (The Book)
- YouTube for Churches by Sean Cannell (The FREE Course)
- Follow Sean on Twitter
- Sean’s most popular video on YouTube thus far with almost 500K views!
3 Instant Takeaways
- Youtube is the second-largest search engine in the world. Yes, you heard that right. People are already searching on Youtube, so it’s another place where they can find your church — if you have a presence there. Imagine all the creative ways you could promote discovery for your church.
- What should your church post on Youtube? Messages with discoverable, searchable titles. Videos that ride on the wave of trends and hot topics so that the church has a presence in the marketplace of ideas. Music covers of popular worship songs that feature your local talent.
- Vimeo is not a better choice than Youtube. While Vimeo doesn’t have the unwanted ads or questionable recommended videos as Youtube does, it doesn’t have traffic either. Youtube is where the people are. Over 90% of online users visit Youtube and only about 6% visit Vimeo. We are called to be “sheep among wolves” so don’t let Youtube’s sketchy content scare you off.
Free Bonus: Click here to download The Perfect Church Homepage Infographic – a complete visual breakdown of the essential elements that every church website homepage needs