What's in this session?
- Church Name: Connection Church
- Church Location: Canton, Michigan
- Church Age: 75 years
- Church Size: 2,600 - 3,000
- On the coaching call: Austin - Youth/Tech/Communications, Jared - Youth Intern
Show notes and resources
3 Instant Takeaways
- More is not always better. If your social media strategy is struggling, don’t try to fix it by adding more channels. Instead take the time to figure out why your strategy is not working and how to improve. Learn how to go deep on your most popular social channel before taking on more.
- Look for a practitioner. Because social media is constantly changing so quickly, there is no formal education system for how to become a church communicator. This makes it important to find someone who is already applying the qualities in their own life. They are active on social media. They understand the platforms.
- Manage expectations. When it comes to creative projects make sure the other people on staff are aware of the timeline required. Put deadlines in place. This will help make sure their expectations line up with what is possible, as well as with the other members of your team.
Free Bonus: Click here to download The iPhone Church Photography Case Study – learn to shoot stunning photos for your church with only your phone