People will look for your church online long before they ever physically step into your building. So how do you know that your church website is effective?
Brad Miller helps us to answer this question and give us insight into why design and user experience with digital media is so important.
Push Play: Using Metrics To Make Better Church Website Decisions with Brad Miller (PCP095)
What’s in this session?
- How Brad found his passion for web design & user experiences (09:49)
- Why design and user experience with digital media is so important (15:21)
- How to replicate the feeling of FREE cookies online (18:31)
- Improve what your church is already doing right now (19:49)
- Using metrics to make important decisions (24:38)
- Tools you can use to improve your user’s experience (27:08)
- Developing a website building platform for churches (33:30)
- Why choose FaithMade instead of Squarespace? (37:16)
- One way to improve your church’s website today (39:14)
Show Notes & Resources Mentioned
3 Instant Takeaways
- Would you go somewhere great if it didn’t make you feel great? A lot of churches think that as long as their website works and looks decent, that’s enough. Brad says there are lots of things in life that work and look decent, but what’s your experience with them? A great user experience (UX) and a great user interface (UI) go one better by focusing not just on looks and efficiency, but on people’s feelings and reactions. Do your users feel good after interacting with you?
- How do you know if you’re making people feel great? Brad says that Google Analytics is a great tool for objectively giving you feedback about what people are clicking on your website. When you have hard data about your traffic, it’s so much easier to create design strategies to expedite movement through your site.
- Want to start being great in five minutes? Brad invites churches to check out Faithmade.com and get a drag-and-drop free website with an infrastructure targeted to ministries. Faithmade knows what Christian organizations need and created the architecture of Faithmade sites with that in mind.
A New Podcast Every Week … Listen or Subscribe
A new session of the Pro Church Podcast goes live every Tuesday morning.
Subscribe for free and get church media inspiration from the best innovators and experts in the field like Carlos Whittaker, Phil Cooke, Jonathan Malm, Stephen Brewster, Scott McClellan, and Dawn Nicole Baldwin. TO SUBSCRIBE: simply search for “Brady Shearer” in your podcast app, or click below:
Appreciate This? Rate the Pro Church Podcast
Hopefully this episode has given you a vision or inspiration for making brilliant media in your own arena. If you appreciated it, share the love!
The best way is to rate the Pro Church Podcast in iTunes and leave us a brief review!
Your review or rating helps put the podcast in front of more people who need it. Your feedback also drives changes to the podcast and lets us know what to improve.
Thank you for being part of everything we do here.
On the Next Pro Church Podcast … Dallas Jenkins
Join Dallas Jenkins from Harvest Bible Chapel in the next session of the Pro Church Podcast.
Subscribe for free now and you won’t miss the next session.